Friday, May 9, 2008

First Day Off

Didn't even stick my head out the door today, though I did wash my head. Am not sure how long I'm going to be happy here. Most of the people I've met are nice enough but their politics are far removed from mine. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to keep my mouth shut for four months. If it gets really bad, I'll just quit, which will probably limit my KOA jobs in the future. But life is too short to deal with idiots, right?

I've also decided I'm still carrying too much stuff. Just a week of living in the rig is letting me know how little I need to cope with daily life. So more stuff will be going away before I leave here, including some clothes, office materiel, etc. Besides, the lighter I am the better gas mileage I'll get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now you know how nice Asheville REALLY is
B

Anonymous said...

Hey Lin,
Just think calm, zen, not worth your energy. It slides off you like water...
How's your ankle??
Diana

Anonymous said...

Hey to both commenters. Yes, Asheville does have its good points. And yes, I'm letting it slide off for the most part. Have starting working with a woman I like so things are looking up. And the ankle is getting better -- can almost walk without a hobble, but still need support.
Lindig