Thursday, May 22, 2008

Exhaustive Shopping

Yes, I'm officially exhausted. Unhooked everything successfully and was on the road by 9:30am. Off to Greensburg PA, passing through several Townships on the way as I-70 peters out into Rt. 119. Townships are common in this area. Anyhow, found the Barnes and Noble and made a successful (and costly) foray. Woundup with 3 hardbacks and 12 paperbacks. Ought to hold me for a few weeks, anyway.

Then off to Giant Eagle, a grocery chain, slightly more upscale than Walmart. Got some interesting coffees but found their selection of sausages way less interesting than Greenlife, and their chocolate selection was pathetic. I really wanted some interesting dark, and not by Russell Stover, for pity's sake.

Then off to Westmoreland Mall for a number of things, including getting my hair cut (in Sears), getting a manicure and pedicure for indulgence (at Europe Nails, mediocre job), bought a new pair of black jeans (Levi) to replace my paint-spattered and now muddy ones, bought a pair of black suede Naturalizer shoes with a zip up front on sale, got laces for my green hiking shoes (did you know that the number of holes indicate the length needed?). Ate Japanese seafood teriyaki in the food court (mediocre).

By this time, the ankle was screaming, the hips hurt, and the left knee said it had done its duty holding up everything and wanted to lie down now. Got back to KOA about 3:30. Had a little trouble getting back on the leveling pads but finally managed it. Got everything rehooked okay except for the TV cable which would not screw on and would not and would not and finally did. Then I had a nice nap. CSI this eve is a rereun so I watched So You Think You Can Dance and Miami Ink.

Now I've had some potato chips, some chocolate, a nice fantasy with standard accompaniments, and feel much better. I have tomorrow to rest up, and work from 3-10 on Sat. Have to start at 9am on Sunday with some sort of Craft Activity. We'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

& that would be, CRAFTS, YOU!
It will be interesting to see how that goes
kisses B

Anonymous said...

Oh & another thing, I'm REALLY enjoying your blog
Cheers
B

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on surviving your great adventure. Actually the day sounded quite exhausting without all the hook-ups.

CRAFTS !!! I cannot wait to read about that!
Hugs!
DB

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm less than half a mile from Greenlife....
M-A