Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Summer Job 1

I've been here at the Madison/Pittsburgh KOA Kampground since Sunday afternoon. Was on the schedule to start at 1pm Monday. Ghibli performed flawlessly on the way here, though it was a longer than necessary trip because of detours and hills (we do 20mph up hills). Got all set up with elec. water sewer cable tv wifi etc and snugged down for a much needed rest.

Monday walked up to the office/store (called the Lodge) to start work. At 2:30 we had an employee meeeting. At 3:35 I walked out to have a smoke and promptly fell off a step down onto concrete and sprained my ankle. Yes, my middle name is Grace. So I'm gimping around with a taped up ankle, taking baby steps, and feeling stupid and useless. Everybody's been very nice about it. Mostly I'm learning the computer system.

I'm the only southerner here but nobody's made any yankee smart remarks. Good.

More later.

No comments: