Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Resting Up.

I now have two days off in a row, today and tomorrow. Hooray! The left side of the body has been making its displeasure known at having to be the support for the weak right side and its ankle. So it will be good to give everything a rest. My toes now look like toes again, instead of sausages, though they're still purple, and the ankle itself is still a baseball. But it is better.

One commenter said I should give myself a lot of time to adjust, what with all the radical changes in lifestyle I'm going through. Good advice, and I'm trying to do that. One of the things I could do here whilst hobbled was rearrange the "library" (a 3-shelf bookcase), so I did that and it now looks very professional. It doesn't have anything I want to read but I am giving it my books when I'm done. No, not my personal permanent library but the books I buy to have an easy read. I'm reading Kathy Reichs' Break No Bones right now, and have Nora Roberts' The Hollow in waiting as well as Mucho Mojo by Joe Lansdale.

I don't do libraries for two reasons: 1 To take books out you have to have a card which means an address etc. 2 You have to take the books back and in a specified amount of time. But I will do used bookstores (including Goodwill and the like) as well as buying certain new pbs. I did get a couple of hardbacks on a B&N sale table for $5, which I will donate to the library here. The pbs I can keep to trade in at other used bookstores along the road. At least, that's the plan.

When the schedule settles down, I should have three days off in a row more regularly. That's when I'll have time to go see the Wright homes. I'll definitely report on them.

Socially, there's not much to entice me. It's a family-oriented park so there's lot of couples with kids. And there's retiree couples. Of the male workampers, they're nice but not interesting to me on a visceral level. I'll just keep my little mental fantasy of a certain guy going.

TTFN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there lin, blair here
Glad you're feeling better
kisses
B

GabriElla said...

Hi Lin,
Mom held your blog addy hostage until I sent new pics of Milo. When do we get pics of your RV and the places you are staying? Ever? Sounds like you are already having adventures!! Try to make sure the rest aren't physically damaging. :)
cheers,
gab

Websailr said...

Ciao sorella, Spero que stai piu meglio. Mi piache molto suo blog. Anch il RV nome - era un Maserati del stesso nome. Vieni visitare in SF e' andiamo alla barca vela. Ti amo molto. O (;>}

imMovable Book Lady said...

Fratello, molto grazie per su parole. Un bel di io possible vede tu and su novia Debora. E per ghibli, conosco que tu "get it."

imMovable Book Lady said...

Blair, pretty sneaky way to get pics from Gabi, and pretty flattering to me. I'll try to work on pics, though the only thing I have is my phone camera and don't know how to load them onto the computer.