Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Scouting the territory

Tomorrow I'm unhooking the rig and going off on a minor exploratory day. I do have to do a little grocery shopping but I'm also going to find a place to get my hairs cut and try to find an independent bookstore, new or used. And may just wander some back roads and see what's down there or over there or up there.

Must remember to drain the water tank before I go. No sense hauling around pounds of water when I'm on the system here and don't need the supply. Must also remember to unhook in some sort of linear system that ends with the sewer line. Last time I did it first and then had to clean my hands before unhooking the fresh water line. Will also get my propane tank filled. Not that I do a great deal of cooking but no sense running out when it's easy to get gas right here. As I'm hooked up with electricity, I'm using my hotpot to heat water instead of using propane. The things one learns when being an RVer.

Physically, things are much better. I've already warned folk that I'm getting back to normal and they may have to get used to a whole different personality. This kind of thing had dire consequences for me once. I met a man on a Azalea Festival (Wilmington NC) blind date and we fell madly in love and got engaged. However, I was ill with a kidney infection (though I didn't know that's what it was) and collapsed on Monday and was put in the hospital. He (Jim Stingley was his name) was wonderful; came to the hospital to visit, bought me a sapphire engagement ring, took great care of me during recovery, etc etc. Then I got well. Shortly after that, he said, you know, you're just not the person I thought you were, so let's get un-engaged. He hadn't even made the first payment on the ring yet, so I gave it back to him. I saw him once more, many years later in Los Angeles, and I still was too "well" for him. He's dead now.

Maybe more stories from my misspent past later. I've been thinking about personal fantasies a lot so maybe I'll have something to say about them (I love 'em). TTFN

No comments: