Friday, June 20, 2008

Moving Around

I'm beginning to move at something like my normal speed (don't anybody say snail, okay?). This is a really good thing because I'm really starting to bemoan the lack of exercise. Feel like I'm getting fat and slug-like. Not an attractive image. Hope to start walking more around the campground at a brisker pace.
The black water tank has a small leak. Ick. I have some miracle putty stuff so I'm going to have to plan ahead to get it dumped and really well flushed out with clean water. Then I get to crawl underneath, find the leak and dry the area, and apply putty. O frabjous day.
Next week I have three days off in a row (wow!) so I want to get the leak fixed by then so that I can take off and do some exploring. Maybe even stay away overnight! Oooh, how exciting and daring. I really need to find some used bookstores and trade in stuff. New book prices are killing me, and I'm just not used to having to "buy" books.
Speaking of bookstores, I've heard that New Bridge Books in Woodfin (Jerry Kent's store) will be closing sometime this summer. Asheville is losing good used bookstores at a rapid rate all of a sudden (Atlantic Books, Reader's Corner, New Bridge, When Pigs Fly--on Sweeten Creek, that bookstore/cafe on Haywood Rd). Pretty soon, it'll be back down to just DBN, like it was 10 years ago.
Weather turned really cool a few days ago, which meant long pants and a blanket and heat at night. Now it's back to warm but not hot. Good.
Will report later on my foray into the hinterlands.
TTFN

No comments: