Sunday, May 24, 2009

SF Weekend

I decided I really really didn't want to go back into SF, not least because they couldn't find a more level spot for me to park. So last Wednesday I left Quinn's and hied myself to Vallejo, just over the river from Richmond (north of Berkeley). I had found a place to put the RV -- a lovely paved sited called Trailer City RV. They sell RVs and also have a trailer park out back with a few spaces for RVs. However, it's full hookups and not far from SF.

Today (Sat.) I took a cab to the ferry terminal and took a ride to SF down the Mare Island Straits into the mouth of the Sacramento River and out into the Bay itself. Takes about an hour. Saw Alcatraz and could just barely make out the Golden Gate Bridge, it was so foggy and overcast. Landed at the Ferry Bldg. which is full of upscale stores and boutiques of food and wine. There's even a caviar cafe with tastings, like the wine shop across the way.

This evening H and I attended the graduating party for all the dance classes that David Blood taught this past semester. Potluck food. Eventually, there was about 100 people there. For some reason (maybe the weather change), I didn't want to dance. We stayed about 3 hours.

Tomorrow will be a lazy day (I hope; H doesn't do lazy very well). Monday, we leave here about 6am to arrive at the Sea Scout base in Napa at 7am, board a bus which will bring us all back down to the SF area, Alameda to be exact, where we will board the twin-diesel boat the Sea Scouts will pilot back to Napa. Dizzy yet? Then H will drop me off at my RV on the way back to the city from Napa.

Tuesday I'll get ready to leave. Wednesday, I start north to Crescent City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the presents the cube is fun & the magnet is, good to hold up papers.I have both on or near my desk.
happy journey north. check in when you arrive
kisses
B