Tuesday, December 28, 2010

City time

It's been very quiet here at the Maus Haus. Of course, Deb and H both have their regular things to do. Xmas day we went over to a friend's house for dinner. Yesterday Deb and I did a foray to Costco -- yowie, crowds of people and carts, sample foods everywhere. We were ferried there in a neighbor's Cadillac because he wanted to go along.

Kim (something) and Lena live around the corner in a very nice house. He's a well-off businessman and something of an artist. She's Finnish, and that's all I know about her. He owns a 1929 Flageol (I think) House Car, which is tucked in his garage, and he gave me a tour. Fun. You know, that's what it calls RVs on N.C. titles.

Kim and Lena came over for dinner last night, and we'll be going to their house for dinner this evening. Tomorrow, Tinnee is coming to dinner here; it'll be nice to see her.

The product recall company has started to come through with jobs. One I'm going to accept will take me about 50 miles out into the countryside towards Sacramento -- it's a consumer complaint pickup. I like those. I'll be leaving the city on Thurs. morning to go do this -- that's assuming the customer can make an appnt for that day (it may be Fri). So I won't come back into the city; I'll go to the fairgrounds I was at before (which is out that way) and spend New Year's there. I was going to move from the city on Sun or Mon anyhow, and I don't want the hassle for just two days.

The 2nd job (just got notice about 10 mins. ago) is a mystery shop at SF tobacco-selling locations. However, there are 92 locations on their list and they're only allowing 7 days to do them all. That's 13 sites a day, with city driving and parking on top of it. I don't think it can be done, and certainly not in my RV. I have to email the project manager and find out whether they're all actually in the city itself or scattered around the Bay area. And I need to point out that the city's going to be a hindrance to doing that many per day. So even though the money would be good, I'm not sure I'll take that project.

Have a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

cruzin2some said...

Sounds like you've been busy!

Travel Safe
Dawn & Denise

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year sweetie, did you get the package?????????????
B