Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tue 12/7

12/7 Tues 10pm

So I put the antenna down as it wasn't even picking up the wierd ethnic stations. Gave it another programming try and derned if it didn't pick up NBC. So I watched Minute to Win It and now I'm watching (sort of) Biggest Loser. Sigh.

Went to the sales spiel at 9.30 this morning. The woman was surprised that I've been full-timing so long without having a membership of some kind. I did try Passport America, which is basically just a discount at lots of parks, but there's lots of restrictions, such as the discount isn't good on weekends or in particular months,so I never actually used it.

Anyhow, membership costs about $5000 plus $350 annual dues, and does include lots of other parks. I told the lady I'd think about it.

I've done a dump/flush and put the hose away. I'll be out of here around 9am and plan to go down the road a bit and get my hair cut at Walmart. Will arrive at Ken and Caroline's around 3pm when Ken gets home from work. He says his apartment is in a cul-de-sac so I won't have to contend with traffic there. It's just getting there that's going to be the hassle.

I'll be taking I-10 all the way in and exit on Crenshaw Blvd. This is west LA where I used to live back in the early 70s, so the street names are familiar, except the one they live on, of course. I'm only about 120 miles out so it's not going to be a hard day, except for fighting my way into the maelstrom.

No comments: