Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yarbro visit

Moved to Quinn's street on Saturday. Her driveway isn't long enough to handle the rig, so that also meant no power to the rig, so no TV or heat or fridge. The weather has been really wet so there's lots of mud on the first step into the rig and on the rug at the kitchen. Even though Quinn has DSL, she didn't know how to connect my computer or have the phone cable to do it. So I haven't had any access since then.

Went through her back yard into her landlords' backyard and into their house on Sat. eve for a party. Half the party put on a truncated version of "Macbeth" to please one of the group, a tall, nice-looking man who has just discovered "drama!!" and has begun taking classes etc. Too bad he has absolutely no talent. After the play, we ate chili, beans, and salad, and schmoozed. Had a good time.

Sun. Quinn and I drove down to San Jose to visit Maureen, who's coping with cancer and is scheduled for tumor surgery next week. We also took her husband David out for lunch, which gives both of them a break from each other. Their marriage ceremony was the one I had to miss out on last May, so I finally got to meet him.

Mon. eve there was a gathering at Quinn's. I got to see the Lucke's, and Megan, and Christine, and meet in person a few people I know from online. I had helped Quinn with the grocery shopping and was pleased to help consume some of the wine and the hollowed-out bread with brie baked in and the pork tenderloin cooked with a port and chocolate sauce.

Tue was quiet. I expected my brother and Deb to be back on Wed but the weather turned so bad in SoCal that they stayed there until today. So I loitered around Quinn's for an extra day. Peggy Lucke came by last night just to chat, which was nice.

Fought my way into the city today, missed the proper exit, let the gps "recalculate," and wound up going over an exceedingly steep hill after having wound my way down a very steep and serpentine two blocks. Made it, however, about 15 min. after they'd gotten home. Found a pretty level place to park, though I think I'll be sleeping in the Maus Haus.

We'll be going out Xmas day to a friend's house for midday dinner. Hope all of y'all have a splendiferous weekend!

No comments: