Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Feet Don't Fail Me Now

Have decided to try some Dr. Scholl's inserts first rather than shell out mucho dinero on fancy shoes. Got two kinds, one is gel inserts, one is (men's) work on hard surfaces. I trimmed them both down and have put them in two different shoes. So we'll see.

Have also put plastic up on two windows, the one by the head of my bed in the cabover, and the big window by the sofa. Made an immediate difference, as in drafts don't get in. Nice. Will finish the other windows tomorrow before going to work at 5pm.

There are very few single RVers. And the male ones are always looking for a female to hook up with. Why is that? Usually if a woman chooses to go solo, she likes going solo. I can't imagine having someone around all the time. Yes, I've lived with guys, and it was difficult for me, probably because I like to do things my way and I like being left alone. There were lots of things nice about it, too, just to be fair -- affection, sounding board, companion, partisan, support, and more. It was just the sheer physical presence of someone else that bothered me. And in an RV? Claustrophobia time for sure.

Maybe I'll just work on having a guy in each of my major stops, sort of like sailors are purported to do. I could just drop in once or twice a year, say, have a nice visit and hit the road. Of course, if the "perfect" guy showed up, all could change. One of the things I'm hoping RVing will teach me is to be more flexible and more amenable to compromise. Or it'll just make everything more set as I don't have anyone to answer to about anything.

It's an odd sort of balancing act I'm just learning so there's going to be lots of back and forth action before my new life begins to gel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flexible is good! :)

imMovable Book Lady said...

Yes, it is, mental and physical both. I'm hoping that's what's going to come of this new adventure.