Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Negative heel

So I sprung for the fancy shoes, made in Switzerland, physiological footwear (whatever that means). I also got a set of fancy insoles at the recommendation of the clerk, who'd been to "foot school" and knew people with feet like mine who loved them. Okay, I said, but usually arch supports are not good for me but I'll tlry them.

Well, in less then two hours I had shooting pains in my arches and had to take the damn things out, making the shoes not fit well. I'll be sending them back for a full refund. There's deferring to greater expertise, and then there's knowing yourself and your own feet.

Getting used to the negative heel stance is tricky. I'm also having to learn to walk heel-and-toe to take advantage of the cushy heel section and its rebound function. Will wear the original insoles and the kidney belt tonight and see if they work better. Sure hope so.

Got a watch at Walmart on Monday and wore it last night. Still managed to miss nearly all of the first break, because, after all, you have to LOOK AT the watch to know what time it is. Another thing to get used to. Schedule is now 5.30 pm to 4 am.

Working on Turkey Day for time-and-a-half plus a bonus. After this week, just three more. Believe I may actually survive this. And the employment agency is giving us a t-shirt stating just that "I Survived Amazon".

Sunny and warm and not windy; my door is open. Not too shabby for late November. Hope everyone has a nice holiday.

4 comments:

Diana said...

You got a pair of MBT's! I love mine but I was warned to start with two hours wear and gradually increase; didn't get any special insoles.

I rather like the rocking back and forth thing with the negative heels.

Keep hoping you'll find the magic solution but you are surviving it - good on you!

Anonymous said...

Great descriptive title.

imMovable Book Lady said...

I'm slowly getting used to them but the heel's so loose I almost walk out of them; must do something about that.

As to the title, I thought later about the multiple meanings it could have, and not just for shoes. Heh.

Diana said...

There's a way to tie it so it's snug around the ankle...how to describe...
Lace it up normally
Cross the laces like you're getting ready to tie it up
Slip the tie ends under the last loop
This allows you to snug it up