Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday 2/13

Saturday 2/13 9.30am

Watched the Olympics opening ceremony last night, and was wowed by the visual effects they created with light and film and a few tangible items on the floor. Talked to Quinn during a lot of it so had the sound muted. When they started dancing, I said I'd call her back. Turned on the sound and enjoyed. I don't quite understand the "urban backwoods" choice of costumes, but, hey, maybe that's the way Canadians see themselves. And I enjoyed watching the Plains Indians Fancy Dancers cut loose; there was a Hoop Dancer or two, too. All in all, pretty good, except for the single glitch at the very end.

I suppose Wayne Gretzky was a logical choice for final torch carrier but it wasn't very surprising. And he has no charisma. But he is a world-renowned athlete, so okay.

I've been up since 5am and I'm still not ready to move. Am thinking about town (groceries, computer) and about petroglyphs, but who knows whether I'll actually do either.

Went into a bakery the other day that had "croissants" painted on the window. However, all they had were croissant sandwiches, none for sale by themselves. Odd, don't you think?

Did do another sort of the back bins. Am pretty sure I now have room for the 20ft sewer hose and the water hose to fit neatly. It's very annoying that the pipe opening here sits about three feet above the ground -- makes dumping a tedious chore (tote that line, lift that line, and repeat).

5.30pm
Did absolutely nothing today, except take a 3-hour nap from 10-1. Of course, I was up at 5am after just five hours sleep so I needed it. I was hoping there'd be some olympics coverage on during the day, but no.

I'm definitely going out somewhere tomorrow.

Oh yeah, here's a few pix I took the other evening, including one of the shack (can't remember if I've put one up of it before).


No comments: