Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today

Glad the virtual tour was of interest. And here -- a call to the Universe I just placed:

NO more winter for B (which probably means the rest of us will get it all).

Working on the back rack yesterday and discovered the little bin was cracked and falling apart. So today I got a replacement. Am at the Rustic Cafe now, having the "trashed browns" with sunnyside up eggs and red sauce.

Then I'm off to the pistachio statue store to get some of that pistachio coffee for Deborah. They loved the bag I sent them and she wants to give some to her family.

The only chore left is laundry, which I'll do tomorrow. And finish the rack sort.

Back to work Monday.

Am considering working the beet harvest in, I think, Nebraska. Two weeks of hell -- 12-hr shifts every day, industrial setting, hardhats, goggles, earplugs, outdoors, sorting and piling beets. Definitely wouldn't be fun but the money's good. $10.40 for the 1st 8 hrs Mon-Fri, x 1.5 for the other 4 hrs and all day Sat. Sunday is double time. So I'd come out of hell with about $2000. What I don't know is whether I have the stamina or endurance to physically do it. I'll think long and hard about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beet harvest!!!!!!!!!
what are you thinking???
not to rain on your parade but, didn't Amazon teach you anything?
kisses
B

Anonymous said...

Much more room! Looks like you get a bit more light from the window across from the couch?

Love you,
m-a

Anonymous said...

whats up everyone


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.