Thursday, February 4, 2010

Virtual Tour

Okay, you asked for it (well, a few of you did). So here's a bunch of photos of the inside of my rig, with annotations. Don't forget--you can click on any image and it'll blow up very large so you can study the details (if you're an obsessive type).

The first pic is the living area from the rear (fridge is bottom right). The curtain leads to the driving cab, the bins are books, the red is my bedcover, the stool gets me up to the bed (no vaulting up for me).

The next is a closeup of the couchend. The two bottom bins have about 40-50 paperbacks each; the top bin is hardcovers; and the top is my bedside table.

Then we have a view of the bins on the front dinette seat. The wicker case holds all cables and cords for appliances. The lower part is my "coffee table," misc. daily stuff. This also shows my TV viewing angle. The larger back bin is the Games/Crafts bin, with the Books Read bin on top of it. The closer 2-bin stack is Perm.Lib. pbs on bottom, and the TBR bin on top. I can just lift the whole top off without removing the stuff, lay it on the bed, choose a book, replace the life and snap it on -- easy peasy.

Next image is the rear dinette seat, which used to have bins on it, too, but now holds the plant and computer and phone and camera and binoculars, etc. The plant travels in the kitchen sink.

Here's a view of the cabover, showing my almost-twin bed with two very large bins (clothes and linens) beyond; in the middle is a medium bin (shoes) and a small bin on top (office supplies and book cleaning stuff) -- note the fancy pillow! Got that at the Wild Cats Park in Oregon last fall.

Now we're seeing the rear of the rig, showing the kitchenwith the fridge on the left and the shoe rack hanging on the closet door. The striped curtain is where the bathroom cum pantry is. And here's the cabinet on top of the fridgewhere I put canned goods and seasonings.

Last but certainly not least is the bathroomwhich is visible from the door, so I try to keep the curtain pulled. Note the long hanging clothes and jackets -- these obscure the actual pantry, but I've pulled back the clothes so you can see it. It's a five drawer unit, so it's taller than it seems here. The bungee cord attaches to one coming up from the milk crate the pantry sits on and keeps the drawers and the unit in place when on the move.

So there ya go. Now you can picture me sitting on the couch, with my lapdesk on my knees, playing computer solitaire and gazing out the window, OR with my feet up on the couch, leaning back on my pillow, watching Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? or So You Think You Can Dance or some old movie. OR maybe napping under my red coverlet. Hope you enjoyed the tour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tour. Now I have a picture of where you are when we talk. What a cozy compact space you have made for yourself.
Kisses B
BTW would you PLEASE tell the universe to QUIT with the snow & ice. I hve had ENOUGH WINTER

Ma's Prema said...

Thanks for the tour, Lindig. Looks very homey.And surrounded by books. Yum.