Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bye bye Bowlin

Am now safely ensconced in Gabi's driveway in Albuquerque. Left the Bowlin store about 11am yesterday, in the teeth of 25mph winds with gusts to 40 -- I didn't care, I was gone. Went up to Carrizozo, turned left on Hwy 380 and went to the Valley of Fires, a huge lava flow. Held my interest for about an hour. Went on to I-25 intersection. At that point, I needed gas and Socorro was 8 miles north, or I could chance it and go straight into the Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge. I went for the gas. Then I thought about backtracking but was now fully in "driving" mode so went on and arrived at a Walmart about 6.30.

Got a roast chicken and ate about a third of it with some potato chips. Fell into bed about 8pm. Got up at 4am -- cold cold, about 40 deg. inside -- went back to bed about 5am and dozed until about 6.30. Went into WM and into MacDonald's (first time in about 30 years) and had a coffee and an egg mcmuffin. Later went to a Barnes & Noble as my crossword puzzle book is nearly finished. Got a new 300-puzzle book.

Wasn't due at Gabi's until about 1.30 so decided to go ride the tram up the mountain and take some panorama pictures. But -- it was down for maintenance all this week. I had seen Page One Books, both new and used, so wound up there. Found a couple of goodies for B.

My new printer has arrived here and I'm hoping to get Greg to help me get it set up. Then I can print out the forms, fill them out, and mail them off. And hope I get the job.

Gabi's busy with a play she's directed which opens this weekend, so tonight she's off for the preview performance.

I have wifi in my rig!!! It's so nice to sit on my couch and do stuff instead of having to drive to a cafe, which I've had to do since last August.

RIP Wilma Mankiller, principal chief of the Eastern Cherokee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know what else that MCDonald's is going to do, right? :)

imMovable Book Lady said...

No; what? Run right through me?