Friday, April 16, 2010

Dump & Shop

About 9.30 I trundled off to the Giant Gas Station on Tramway Blvd, about 4 miles. They have a free dump for RVs (basically, a capped hole in the ground with a water source nearby). Naturally, the short hose I wanted to use didn't want to cooperate. After some struggling, gave up and hauled out the 10ft hose, which worked fine. Connected the hose to flush the tank. Done.

While putting everything away, a lady called "what a cute camper!" So we had a discussion and I showed her the inside. She has two years to go before retirement but I could see the yearning.

Came back and rehooked the elec. line. Ate lunch (a hard-boiled egg and some mozzarella/prosciutto role on rosemary/garlic triscuits). Then Gabi and Milo and I went off to Goodwill so she could donate some old clothes and misc. and get Milo some new shorts etc. as he's growing apace.

I told her the story about me growing 8 inches in one year, between 12 and 13. Poor Mom had to buy me an entire new wardrobe. So that fall in school, when I was put in Home Ec and was to learn sewing, she refused to buy me the supplies and so I never learned to use a machine.

Then we went to a mall to a kid's clothing store which had stuff on sale for more Mile clothes. I waited in the car and "read" the Abq map. Got home about 5pm. Was gifted a caramel truffel by Gabi, which I am saving for dessert later.

Tomorrow is supposed to be wet and chilly (59 for a high).

Called two RVW women who live here and we're going to have lunch on Monday. Wanda (& Halley) suggested Applebee's, which I said politely was okay but about some real Mexican? I'm to call on Sunday to get final decision and directions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogger us. I need some new funny dirt.