Friday, April 2, 2010

Thur. 4/1

We're supposed to get really high winds today (60mph) so when I left the cafe yesterday about 2.30, I decided to go ahead and make the run to Mescalero. Was back at the site and all hooked up by 4pm. So I got a lot done yesterday. It was a little gusty (up to about 40mph) but I only had a few squirrely moments.

Now I don't have anything to do for four days. Well, on Sat. I'll do a little housecleaning and try to get the two area rugs clean. On Sat. or Sun. I'll do laundry, and probably on Sun. will take a shower and do a final grocery run and internet session at the cafe.

I'm going to try to remember to get pictures of Caleb and of Kenn and Carol, just for an aide memoire.

On Weds. am will do a dump and a thorough flush, coil all hoses and stow them away -- that means the 20 ft sewer hose, the 20 ft water hose, and the auxiliary water hose (used for flushing the black tank). I want to do a good cleaning of the sewer hose connector ends. I wonder if I should keep the 10 ft hose that I quit using when I got these new hoses? There's nothing wrong with it and it compresses to about 4ft. Am thinking about using bungee cords to attach the sewer hoses to the back rack instead of trying to fit them inside the storage box -- I think it'll work.

Will rig the inside stuff for running. You know, put the plant and the brita pitcher in the kitchen sink. Lay the lotion bottle down (or it'll fall down). Little stuff like that. Take a shower (and remember to bring all my washing goodies from the bathroom to the rig, including towel). I have a foil-lined bag for soap and shampoo etc to live in.

Oh yeah, mustn't forget the outside mat and stepstool, the very last things to go in. Normally, they just stay outside and I back in to the same spot every time. And I may run into town to Alamo Auto to get the tires and rear airbags up to par.

And then . . . Drive away, waving cheerfully.

No comments: