Sunday, April 4, 2010

Saturday 4/3

Went ahead and did the laundry so as not to have to do it tomorrow. Just wearing a sleeveless cotton dress and nothing else, so that'll be the only dirty thing to carry along.

Also took down the bathroom vent screen and the kitchen vent screen. Replaced the bathroom screen and cleaned the kitchen screen. And cleaned the frames. Why they're not both the same screw-wise and attachment-wise, I have no idea. The bathroom screen sits on a plastic frame that fits over the outside frame's inside.

Wait. That's not very clear. Think of a box with a lid, upside down. The outside frame is the lid and the screen frame is the body -- more or less. Anyhow, the handle is held on by one phillips screw; the screen frame has two phillips screws; and the outside frame has four square-head screws. So you need two different bits.

The kitchen vent, which has a little exhaust fan, doesn't require the outside frame to come off at all. The screen frame is flat and just fits the opening with two screws that have an octagonal head, so I used my little vise grips. And the handle screw requires a square bit.

So, three tools to do one thing. Is this good design? I don't think so.

Soon I'll do the cabover vent screen, when I decide I'm not going to need the plastic seal on it anymore (took plastic off all the other windows etc last week). Still need a little heat at night but not much. And the days are in the high 60s to high 70s. Of course, we're still having pesky winds from time to time.

There's an RV park in Abq that I found in the Escapees directory. It says it has low monthly rates (which I'll check on). If I get that recall rep. job, I'll move to that park and stay until late Sept. Gabi says she and family will be moving back to N.C. in Sept., probably Charlotte. I'll be moving on to Arizona for two conventions.

After that, I think I'll spend the winter in the Bay Area.

I have the feeling I've already said all this. Anyhow, if all that works out, I'll plan to be in Asheville next May. I'll have been gone two years!

No comments: