Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shopping & Eating

Gabi gave herself a few hours of freedom by hiring a babysitter for a few hours. She and I then went off to a coffeehouse for drinks -- I had a caramel latte frio (I think). Then off to an Uptown Mall, very "village-y" in layout and wandered some stores. I'm so glad I don't try to be trendy and chic -- I think most of the clothes are funny looking. Then off to Smith's Market to get a few things. I can't afford Smith's so won't be going there again.

They invited me for dinner this eve and it was very nice. I challenged Milo to a green-bean-eating contest and he very kindly kept changing the rules so that we could both win. Grilled chicken. Stuffed portobello mushrooms, Greg's doing -- very tasty indeed.

It's now 9.30. At 10 I'll indulge in my guilty pleasure, TMZ. Half the time I have no idea what or who they're talking about but it's funny nonetheless.

Am reading an Ann Bishop high-fantasy novel, The Invisible Ring, which turns out to be #4 in the series but no matter. Lots of people have recommended her. I'm enjoying it okay but it isn't blowing me away, and her gender politics are a little annoying.

TTFN

No comments: