Thursday, October 16, 2008

Best Laid Plans etc etc

I'm so annoyed and irritated and irked and fuming, and all those other red states of mind. Today I got to the employment office that handles Amazon hiring, only to have them say, Oh Didn't we call you to say the start date has been put off for two weeks???? So here I am twiddling my thumbs (and other things) in beautiful Coffeyville Kansas for two whole weeks. Which means, you understand, two weeks less in wages. They are paying for the park site, which has trees, water, and electricity, but only pay-for internet and no cable TV. What shall I do, what shall I do.

Fortunately, I happened on a couple on the way into the park who said, Come park by us, we've been waiting for a small class C to arrive. And on the other side is the Linda-Linda couple I was told to watch for by the couple I met at the RVW convention. One of the Lindas walked up and said, are you Lindig? I said, are you Linda? Laughing and hugging all round.

So life could be worse, I suppose. It's just that if I have to lollygag somewhere, SE Kansas wouldn't be my first choice. Amazon is also cutting the hours back some. Y'all need to get out there and buy buy buy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh Boo oh hissssssss & you could have stayed HERE
hope it all works out & you have some fun along the way.
Everything happens for a reason
Love & kisses
B