Friday, October 24, 2008

D&D Detritus

Stumbled across my sheets from one of the early times (maybe the earliest) that I played D&D. Now, this was way back in the Dark Ages of 1st edition so everything had to be written down and the DM had to consult the book every roll of the dice. Speaking of which, I had my dice set up to about a year ago. Anyhow, character name was Llanwyr. Fighter/magic user. Male. Half-elf. Neutral--chaotic. List of goodies: +1 armor plate, flail, heavy crossbow, dagger, hand axe, ten +1 arrows, ten regular arrows, quiver, belladonna, medium warhorse w/armor, torches w/oil and tinder box, saddlebags, watered wine and food, cross, staff of command. Then there's a whole bunch of items acquired and then some were used (crossed off list). Lots of the notations no longer make any sense to me. Fun to read over. Now I can throw them away.

Seems to me though that there was another time and another character who was a thief/assassin but don't seem to have data left on that experience. I remember playing some at UNC-Avl and got made a Paladin in the Azure Blue game (Forgotten Realms) by the DM, who was also the police chief in Marion NC at the time. I found being the Paladin pretty boring and I'm not a particularly good actor either, so no fun was had by any.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D&D is the work of the devil... I mean, sold in Asheville BY the devil. :)

imMovable Book Lady said...

And we all know that devilish type are way more fun...don't we.