Monday, October 6, 2008

Ghibli's checkup

Took him in for a checkup today. Very odd being without a home for a day. Hung out on Mary-Anne's porch mostly, drinking tea and reading. The only thing found wrong was a leaky windshield washer pump, otherwise it was basic maintenance and pumping up the airbags in the rear. I don't know who was driving it at the garage but they must have been practicing their drag race starts and stops. Everything in the house was tossed around and the air conditioner filter and cover had been knocked out of the AC. Also, the water pitcher (which rides in the sink) was totally knocked over and drained of water. None of this happens when I drive it. Humph.

Also got the admin password on this computer reset. You remember, I mentioned that I had set up a clever password which I was sure I would never forget and promptly forgot. So for the last six months or so I haven't been able to update any applications etc. It cost $25 and took about 30 minutes at Charlotte St. Computers. So far I've installed two updates. I feel much better now.

Tomorrow is a day off during which I get to drag out all the sewer hoses and inspect them, remove everything from the storage rack bins in back and inspect and rearrange, and do other basic things necessary before I leave on the 14th.

No comments: