Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blowing Kansas

No, not leaving, just looking out the window at 40mph winds blowing through the trees and rocking my little RV some. It's sunny and warm, though.

I have successfully figured out how to transfer pix from my new digital camera to my computer and have been cropping and adjusting brightness/contrast and having great fun. I have just now added a photo to my profile. Yah! I'm feeling very clever so don't anybody spoil it by telling me how easy this all really is.

Yesterday was a social hour potluck of all the workampers. There's about 100 of us. Mark, owner of the employment agency that we're actually employees of, was on hand to talk about the delayed start for some of us and the shortened hours for some. Reassurance that we do have jobs with (gasp!) the possibility of overtime (yes!); it's just starting later than normal. Next year, there will be a new RV park right across the road from Amazon itself so there'll be no need for carpooling. Am thinking now that this makes a good winter job so will probably plan on coming back next year.

Linda S & Linda B, friends of Cindy & Wendy whom I met at RVW, have been very nice and helpful. If I'm on the same shift, I can carpool with them, and they'll let me know whenever they're going out to shop or do laundry or whatever so I can go along. Hooray! I could unhook each time but what a pain it would be.

Am doing household chores to keep myself occupied. Washed the windows outside yesterday. Cleaned the floor. Plan to take out all the vent screens and clean them (one needs replacing). Then I'll wash all the inside windows and install plastic (for the Kansas winter). Also plan to put plastic on the screen door but haven't figured out how to accommodate the outside door handle; maybe just make a slit in the plastic. But would reduce its effectiveness, wouldn't it. Hmmm. Maybe I'll see if I can acquire a piece of acrylic cut to fit the top of the screendoor; it already has a piece in the bottom section; that would help a lot.

Maybe I'll venture out a little later, when it gets even warmer, and take some more pics. Just don't want to get (a) grit in my eyes, or (b) blown away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

isn't it nice to have new things to learn??????
B