Friday, February 20, 2009

Cedar Pollen

So here I am, totally clogged up, drippy nose, slight sore throat, itchy eyes. Everybody says it's the cedars. I haven't yet found out exactly what they mean by "cedar." Is it the tall, stately tree? Is it some kind of indigenous bush? Whatever it is, I've been battling this allergy ever since I got here. But today is the worst. JR's been dealing with an attack for the past four days and seems to be over it, but I got it.

The Tucson area has its own allergen, but it's a "fever" type called Valley Fever, which affects most people with a short flu-like attack and then goes dormant in your body (usually leaves a small smudge or two on your lungs). It can be deadly. I never had allergies of any kind until I moved to Tucson in late 1970. Ever since then, I have allergies everywhere I go.

Not fair.

An order of jewelry for the store has come in so now I have something to do -- now that I'm having a hard time reading and with nose dripping all the time.

Start back a week from Sunday. Expect to roll into Asheville on the 7th (the following Sunday).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poor baby. looking forward to seeing you
kisses B