Thursday, February 12, 2009

Whack Prune

I got the job of pruning or cutting back sundry plants around the place. Now, I'm no kind of gardener or plant person so it was an act of faith on Betty's part to put me in charge of loppers and pruners. I whacked away at what looked dead and cut back other things. Probably killed them all though desert plants are notoriously hardy.

Of course, one of the plants cut back so I had to trudge off to home and wipe off blood, put on bandaid, change shirt so I could put bloody one in cold water to soak. Also, it was 82 deg. and sunny today, so when the sweat started running down my face, I quit. No sense getting heat stroke. Got in the shade and drank liquid -- still took about an hour to cool off.

Sunday I get to paint a wall and some shelves in the store. That ought to be fun as I'm one of the world's messiest painters. I was about to donate my paint-spattered jeans but retrieved them for this job. Hope never to have to paint again.

No comments: