Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Too Hot

I mean, 90 deg. in February is sort of obscene, isn't it? I think so.

Am being the "cat lady" until I leave. Betty and Miss Dorothy, her mother, have gone off to Denver for a week or two. So twice a day I meander over to the big house, feed and water the cats, clean litter boxes, clean up any floor mishaps, etc etc. Am also watering a large collection of plants, some placed in their pots in holes outside and some in pots in the garage, including tomatos. We know I'm not a plant person so I'm just being semi-lavish with the water and hoping for the best.

The night temps have come up, too, to the mid-50s. It was 21 deg. night before last so at least our water pipes aren't freezing. But 10-15 deg. cooler would be fine by me.

It is baking the congestion out of me so I feel some better in that respect, but I really don't like to sweat, you know.

No comments: