Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More or Less To Do

So now the camera is acting up. I took it out to take pics of the fridge access opening to send to the guy I got the new door from (more on this later) and the lens stuck halfway open. I got a beep and an error message "Lens error . . . restart camera". Well, the only way I know to restart the camera is push the on/off button. Which had no effect at all. Went into the manual and it said, the lens won't retract because the chip compartment door was opened while the camera was on. So, restart the camera and all should be well. Which it ain't.

So JR took the pix of the access door and emailed them to me. However, it seems that I did all my transactions with them by phone (I was in Killeen and they're in Austin) so I don't have them in my emails. Turns out that while the new door w/frame fits the overall area, the inside frame on the new door is square and won't fit into my rounded corner opening. I remember telling the guy it has rounded corners, and he said he knew just the right door. Un huh.

Anyhow, I've got to dig into December's receipts to get their phone, address, etc., and may make that my first stop on the way home. It'll delay me by a day but it'll be worth it if I can get satisfaction. They said "no refunds on special orders" but I don't want a refund, I just want the right door.

Attack of the junipers is down to spasmodic hacking cough and occasional drippy nose. The fever has finally passed off and the sinuses are mostly clear. Progress.

Thurs, Fri, Sat, I get to take care of the 20 or so cats at the main house, including giving one some medicine in her food. Must be sure to pick out the right cat. That's my last job here.

No comments: