Thursday, May 27, 2010

Missing MBs

I was dragging out out all my Modesty Blaise books for a project and come to find out that I'm missing two of the paperbacks! They're on my list as being in the RV, but I've heaved my way through all the book bins and they're nowhere to be found. Most annoying!

I'm carting around two hardbacks (signed limited editions, yet) because I haven't found paperbacks to carry around instead. I just checked on both Amazon and ABEbooks, and his books are going for fairly high prices now (after all, he just died). It would cost me about $100 to get all four paperbacks. I'm actually carrying three hardbacks but one (Cobra Trap) hasn't been released in mmpb, though I think there's a trade softcover of it.

Sigh.

The missing pbs means that I can't re-read the whole series whenever I want to (sob).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me which one by title, and I'll get them for you! You know who I am!

imMovable Book Lady said...

Easy, now. These are the novels I'm talking about, not the Titan collections (which are safely stored back at home). The Titan's are too big and too numerous to carry around, so I'll have to use the novels for my , um, project. Nice offer, though.