Monday, May 17, 2010

Work, Then Not

So I whipped through the assignment from RQA, visited 10 stores in two days. Was done by 3pm on Sat, though I had thought I'd space it out until Sun. Was on a roll so decided to go ahead and visit the last three stores. Had the most trouble at the very last store. The manager was an officious twit. I need to get proof of visit, a store stamp or a no-sale receipt or a business card. He said he didn't have a store stamp and couldn't do a no-sale ring-up, so he fished a receipt out of the trash with a huff of impatience. Asshole.

Of course, if any of these stores had carried the product I was after, things would have taken longer. I was supposed to destroy the product and put the empty packaging in ziploc bags by store. Then I would send in all the bags and all the forms for the 10 stores. Most of the places had never heard of the brand at all, and two carried the brand but not the specific item. So it all went very quickly.

There's no new jobs yet so I'm lounging about, doing not much of anything. My next-door neighbors here in the park are Cindy and Charles, who introduced themselves the other day. Very nice folk, both short and stout. She works in billing at a hospital, and he's on the Univ. of NM police force. They have a wireless setup and graciously provided me the password so I now have wifi ALL THE TIME. Life is good.

Will post again when something actually happens.

No comments: