Saturday, May 29, 2010

Park Party

We had a cookout here at Arbor RV Park this afternoon. About half the residents came and most of the owners kids (4 generations). So overall we had about 20-25 people. Everybody brought something (I did pickled veges) and something to grill. There were two nice big trees we sat under with a nice breeze. It was 90 in my rig but only about 80 under the trees. There was a dog (chihuahua) and a baby (pretty quiet, though, which is good; Jean's great-grandchild).

Tom and Jean (owners) both expressed hope I'll come back to the park after my stint helping pack Gabi's house. Jean is from Franklin NC, I think I said before. She wanted to know how come I didn't bring something really "southern" to the picnic. I said it was too much work. I also told them that if I get the part-time job I've applied for, I will come back. It's a nice quiet place and very friendly, so it may not be fancy but it has other good things.

A very nice time. And Gabi and Greg are going to have me over on Monday for their cookout.

No comments: