Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wed. 5/12

Wed 5/12

Yesterday I happened to look up at my roofline and noted some jagged edges where the fridge vent cap should have been. Climbed up on a ladder today and saw that a whole corner of the housing broke off and the vent cap itself is missing. I suppose that I hit a tree branch somewhere along the line.

The park owner knew of a man named Jim here in the park who loves to help with minor repairs, so he called and told Jim about my problem. Jim stopped by and clumb (oh okay, climbed) up and had a look. We discussed what needed to be done and the upshot is that I'm going to go buy a large vent shroud, like the ones I have over all the other vents, and Jim will help me install it (for nothing).

He lives in a 36ft diesel pusher Class A and has a toad. He grew up in Socorro and never thought he'd want to return to NM. He spent a lot of years in Alaska but says he's never felt better or happier since he came to Albuquerque and so thinks he's going to stay here. He's one of those go-getter types who's out doing something almost every day.

I told him I felt the same way about western NC and so far haven't found any place I like better (except maybe the Bay Area but Asheville doesn't sit right on 3 or 4 major fault lines, which is a definite point in its favor).

Speaking of this park, I've turned my rig 45 deg and now back up to a small garage. I get more shade and less direct sun, and still have trees to look at, so I like it much better. Still planning on moving back to Gabi's driveway on 1 June.

No comments: