Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Eagle Shat?

JR and I headed off to swinging Uvalde again this evening. We were to celebrate his birthday and he'd buy me dinner in return for the surgical excursion to San Antonio last week. We went first to Ruby's, the little dive we stopped at last week. Tonight it was full of people, unlike last week when there only about 5 people in the place). There was a huge soup pot of menudo (not for me, thanks). Talked to Phil, a heavy equipment operator in the oil fields; a guy who had brought his own double-size bottle of Seagram's 7; another guy who shuddered at the idea of menudo. I'll talk to almost anybody, you know.

At one point, a pool player guy wandered up to the bar where we were, and he and I made eye contact. He said, "want a drink?" I just shook my head as he was obviously drunk already. He went away.

On to Lunker's Grill, where JR once again had the ribeye steak and I chose the 16 oz t-bone. I brought home about a third of it. Good seasoning and mesquite smoked -- yum. I bought the drinks as JR's birthday present. Once again, the joint was jumping, unlike last week. We figured it must be payday weekend (hence the title of this post).

Then off to Walmart for a few supplies and then started home. Dense but patchy fog on the way. Supposed to be up to mid-70s tomorrow and sunny.

No comments: