Friday, January 2, 2009

New Site

I left Port Lavaca around 10am and traveled back roads to San Antonio, where I had to get on the 410 beltway (I was heading for a Barnes & Noble). Naturally, I promptly went too far and had to circle around and come back right through downtown on the freeway. Ick. Finally found a B&N on the outer beltway. After a satisfactory splurge, got on US 90 west to Uvalde. Spent the night in the Walmart parking lot. Had treated myself to dinner at Applebee's, right across the street. Was only fair and didn't finish it.

This am went into WM and finished stocking up. Then went down the road and found a propane place to top off my tank (last got propane in July 08 and still only needed 1.4 gal.). Then north on TX 83 to Concan (not much there) and pulled into Seven Bluffs Cabins/RV Parks about 11.30.

Am now set up on my site, all connected (as you can tell by this post, I have internet service). No cellphone service if you're not AT&T. A landline will be run when JR gets back, which he and I will share. As to TV, he's got his satellite dish out but we don't know how to share it. I'm going to set up for antenna use and see what I get, if anything.

It was cool, foggy, and misty this morning, but it's burned off now (2pm) and is sunny and calm. I'll start work tomorrow (20 hrs a week). Looks like a nice place to settle for the next two months. I'll take pictures soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you arrived safe and sound. We leave Williamsport, PA in the morning and travel south to Chambersburg, PA (Linda B's homestead)to stay for a while. Cold here....very hard to boondock in these temps..tough on the rig batteries. Trying to "zen" my self to a warmer place but it's not working :(
Take care...Linda and Linda

Anonymous said...

also glad you have arrived safely
sorry I didn't get to return your call
Happy New Year
call when you have a # where you can be reached & I'll call you back
kisses
B

Anonymous said...

sorry about the typo, I guess I should preview before posting. Oh well
B

imMovable Book Lady said...

What typo?

Probably won't get a landline run to my rig before next week sometime, but I'll let you know.