Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Long Day (with Surgery)

My fellow workamper, J.R., had to have knee surgery today, so we left here at 7am to drive to San Antonio. His appointment was for 10.30 with surgery scheduled for 12 and be on the way back home about 3pm. I dropped him off about 10 and went off to spend money on, what else, books. Got back to the facility about 12.30 (with a bag of books) and settled in to wait. I only got 4 hrs sleep so took a small nap of about 20 minutes, not enough. Read a book. Drank a coke. Ate a croissant picked up at an Alsatian bakery in Hondo. Read two magazines. He'd left his cellphone and about 1pm it rang.

It was the nurse informing me that the surgery had been delayed until 3pm and he'd be ready to go about 4.30. Seems he'd had a half-cup of coffee, a major no-no. We finally got back here about 7.45pm, by which time I was hungry, thirsty, and sleepy. I'm also reacting to cedar tree pollen in the area, so I have itchy eyes and drippy nose. Boring.

JR is going to take me out for a steak dinner next weekend in thanks. It's also his birthday next Sunday, so we'll celebrate that too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady, it's just one adventure after another with you, isn't it? Glad you were the driver and not the patient.

Anonymous said...

here here

Anonymous said...

where where?

I heard that!