Monday, January 5, 2009

Settling In

Saturday I went to the campground store with Betty, the owner, who talks a mile a minute and answers the phone and jumps from topic to topic. My job while here is mostly to help her get the store organized and ready for the season. I'll also be learning the reservation system on the computer. For some reason, her inventory isn't computerized so I may volunteer to set up an excel spreadsheet for her.

JR showed up today from his new year vacation. He wrenched his bad knee so he's heading off early tomorrow to see a doctor. I last saw him on 14 September when I left the Madison PA KOA campground. His dog Waco went nuts to see me (of course, he goes nuts around everybody).

We went on a golf-cart tour so JR could do some chores, shoo the pet chickens into their roost, talk to the herds of whitetail and axis deer that show up to the automatic deer corn feeders, feed the dogs at the big house, and the multitudes of cats that live out and around all over the property. One stays in the store and is very friendly. I may get a little cash taking care of the 10 indoor cats when the owners go away. Good thing I like cats, right?

Turned cold today, high of 45, but should go up about 20 deg. tomorrow. Hooray.

No comments: