Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jobs Situation

Well, I did the phone interview on Friday, and I think it went well. This time, there was a psychology test, e.g. Rate yourself on a scale 1-10 on tolerance and patience (I gave myself a 9 on both); what are your strengths in a workplace (and weaknesses) -- can't remember exactly what I said, something reasonably generic.

Anyhow, he said, as usual, that they're slowing down for the winter but will be having a meeting soon about stafffing and he'll get back to me in 3-4 weeks. Okay.

As to my "perfect" job, it would be traveling with a carnival (yep, running away to join the circus -- more or less). This would give me the travel I like while making me part of a team. I could be a ticket seller, cashier, bookkeeper, or whatever. There's an outfit based in Florida that has its own train that travels the east coast from mid-April to mid-November, doing fairs, celebrations, events, etc. Wouldn't that be cool? Have a room on the train (park my RV in Florida) and travel from town to town for eight months, then have four months off. They don't have anything right now but promised to keep my app/resume on file.

I've also sent inquiry emails to two other shows, based in the midwest. Just did it Friday, after getting their names and emails from the umbrella organization, so no response yet. I'm definitely going to keep after this type of work as I think it would suit me down to the ground.

No comments: