Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Slowing Down

Even though we're still busy, the quantity of arrivals has slowed considerably (from like 40-50 a day to 15-20 a day). Some people have already been laid off. Yesterday I only worked two hours because there just wasn't enough to do -- I have a real hard time doing nothing unless I can read or do a crossword.

Last night Joe Sr and his son Joe Jr, who live here in the park and work here, got into a shouting match. It got so bad that Sr didn't know what else to do but call the sheriff, which got Joan and Kevin into the mix, which ruined their night. It seems Joe's family doesn't know how to get angry and then cool off; they just call the cops. So I'm going back at 12 and work till 3 to let Kevin go home early. There's only 14 coming in today so I can handle that by myself.

I doubt there'll be enough to do next week to even justify me going in at all, but Joan has assured me that I'll get paid the contract amount, which will be great as I can use all the money I can get. Looks like I'm going to opt out of the reunion, purely because of the expense of a week in Portland OR. I can stay here for $50 a week until I know where I'm going.

When I know, you'll know.

No comments: