Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sunday 3/28

Sun 3/28

Began the cleanup from the sandstorm. Took a shower. Yes, I lead an exciting life.

Last night, on some weird side channel, found "A Boy and His Dog" playing. Probably the best thing a very young Don Johnson ever did. If you haven't ever seen it, it's a post-apocalyptic SF movie with a talking dog. It's not a comedy.

And "Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum was on last week. Fun seeing the parts of Asheville that aren't there any more or have been changed out of recognition.

Have decided to go to Albuquerque for sure, and will probably stay there for the summer. I'm going to apply for that product recall job and I have a friend in Abq who'll let me use her address. I'll move myself to an RV park after I get signed up. She's going to move out of town in Sept. so I'll probably move to Tucson for the winter (and for my events in Oct. near Phoenix). Both those cities are big enough that I should have enough work.

If all goes well with that job, which is sporadic work, I'll try to set my life up so that I'm in Asheville for summer/fall and in the Bay Area for winter/spring. That way I'll get to see everybody regularly and won't have to crisscross the country going from job to job. And I'll have travel time to be a tourist and visit friends along the way, too.

I still want to get to Michigan to deposit Mom's ashes. I want to see the Badlands. I'd like to see Jackson WY again after almost 40 years. I'd like to see New England, too, but that would have to be a trip by itself.

We'll see how this all work out.

No comments: