Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tuesday 3/20

Tues 3/30 9am

Alfred was in the store yesterday. Beyond a generic "how is everybody," he didn't speak to me at all. Not even "sorry to hear you're leaving us" (even if he isn't). I wonder what his reaction will be to the letter I'm going to send him (and Johnny in HR) about the detailed reasons I'm leaving.

He did say that all the tables are too loaded up. Caleb and I have both told Kenn that there's too much stuff on the tables and it doesn't look good, but Kenn thinks everything should be up on the levels and nothing underneath. So it's really junky looking. I suppose it's a food service thing -- you know, a cornucopia thing. We've both also said that if you get several of the same thing in boxes, you inspect them, price them, and put all but one or two back in their boxes and put the boxes below. That way, a customer can buy one already boxed up and they aren't all cluttering the table.

I've got several things I want to do Wed-Sun before I work my last two days and then leave on next Wed. But high winds are now predicted for Wed-Fri. What a drag. I think I'll just have to go out but very slowly.

I got a job offer (site/utilities only for 24 hours a week) from a luxury RV resort in northern Michigan that I really need to send my regrets to. She saw my resume on WK News (it's been viewed 25 times). I'll keep her email for future reference -- might be something I want to do next summer.

For now, though, I'm going to pursue the recall company job as it will afford me more freedom and better pay.

No comments: