Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wed. 3/10

Wednesday 3/10 8.30 am

The shop that was supposedly looking for a new engine called me before I had a chance to call them. It seems that my rig is too tall for their bay and so they wouldn't be able to work on my engine. They recommended somebody else. I said, that's just as well as I've discovered I don't really need a new engine, according to my master Toyota mechanics, and thank you so much.

I also got a look at the evaluation Kenn did of me. Talk about "experiential differentiation"! Now, you understand, he hasn't ever worked with me except for New Year's Eve, when he got all pissed because I took a break for 3 minutes, and one or two days when we were both at Akela Flats.

However, it seems that he thinks I'm a counter "hawk" (he means "hog") because I've taken over the jewelry displays (which are the counter, you understand). And of course, I haven't touched the jewelry in weeks. I'm too independent-minded and do stuff on my own that then has to be put right according to the Bowlin standard. On the other hand, I should take more initiative in getting things done (like cleaning).

Oh yeah, I'm not even-tempered, or words to that effect. But I am reliable and honest. The only time I would say I'm not even-tempered is when he's bitching me out about something he's decided I've done (which I haven't) and steam is coming out of my ears. But I don't get into shouting matches, then or ever (his mind is made up, don't confuse him with facts).

Caleb says he hasn't told Kenn anything about me, and hasn't been asked how it is to work with me. So where Kenn is getting this info is a mystery.

Alfred is supposed to be here next week to discuss these evaluations. That ought to be an interesting session.

No comments: