Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunday 3/7

Sunday 3/7

My wallowing in self-pity seems to have taken the form of sleeping. Not only did I sleep all Friday night, but I took a nap Saturday afternoon for about an hour, and then I dozed all evening through whatever was on TV, and then I went to bed about midnight and slept till 7am.

Today, I borrowed Caleb's car to run errands for a few hours. I paid him by filling his tank up -- he must have a huge gas tank as it was half full and it took $37 to fill it all the way up! He's going to let me use his car once a week until I get my new engine. I'm very grateful.

I stocked up a little on foodstuffs as I'll only be going once a week instead of twice. And i went to the cafe and did my email, got my bank statement downloaded, etc.

Watched the Oscars this evening. Enjoyed Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin as hosts. I wish Baldwin would quit taking his shirt off (which he's done in lots of movies, including this past year with Meryl Streep) as he's so hairy. Some hair is okay but when it mats up so you can't see skin and looks like it's about to become the chest hair that ate Chicago -- ick ick ick. There's only a very few places that thick hair is okay and, yes, the head is one.

No job offers as yet.

No comments: