Sunday, October 24, 2010

22 Oct RVW #1

22 Oct Fri (RVW Convention #1)

Arrived at View Point RV Resort yestereve, an enormous place in Mesa. My site number is 5306, which will give some idea of how big this place is. Acres and acres. There are many park models (like small mobile homes) so snowbirds can just drive here, with or without an rv. It has its own golf course. We're scattered all over so it'll be hard to just stroll around and visit.

There's a huge building, two stories, where most of the scheduled activities will take place. And I believe there's a fabulous swimming pool. Of course, not everything about my site is fabulous -- it isn't level so I'm going to have to drag out my blocks and see what I can do (it's more than a bubble off so it's very noticeable). The electric tower is way back and up a little rise (sort of like a berm) and off to the left, so I had to buy a 30 amp power cord, double-ended, to plug in my cord and then plug to the tower. Others have had to do the same, or have backed way up just to make it reach.

The water spigot is also up on that rise but off to the right, so now there's a big black cord snaking off one way and a bright white hose snaking off the other way. Then the sewer drain is so close in and low down that it's real easy to park on top of it. The next thing to connect is the cable TV. Fortunately, my cable is long enough to reach all the way to the electric tower. So I screwed in that end and then screwed in the rig end (it was dark by then so I was doing this by feel) -- but when I programmed the remote, it didn't pick up any of the 30+ channels I should be getting. So I reprogrammed it for antenna and it picked up several network channels. I need to have some tv to watch because wifi here is not free -- it's $10 for a week so I'll sign up on Monday.

Lyn Rogers is parked three down from me and saw me right away. This is her last convention as she's hanging up her keys. She about 12 years older than I am and a very upbeat person. I met her at the 08 Charleston convention. We're both in the Solos Chapter and in the Fulltimers Chapter.

The Solos are having a meet & greet this evening so I'll be going to that. No other plans for today, other than leveling, so I'll just hang around and maybe walk a little.

No comments: