Thursday, October 7, 2010

Casa Grande

Walked across the border this morning for my 8:50 appnt with the dentist -- she was late. But got done and walked back to the rv park about 10am. Pulled out about 10:30. Drove to the east side of Yuma, got gas and breakfast. With the engine warmed up and running, I opened the hood and stuck my head carefully down and in and around, looking for gasoline and checking smells.

Nothing. Hmmm.

Came on to Casa Grande where I'm spending the night in the yard at Margie & Bob's. That's the couple parked next to me in Springerville. They took me out to dinner at the Moose Lodge because they were all excited about the menu of chicken-fried steak.

Of course, now, I want you all to know that's just one of my all-time favorite things to eat, especially since it came with mashed potatoes covered in white gravy. And each person got a whole loaf of white bread. And chocolate cake w/frosting for dessert. Yes, indeedy, y'all.

Gah.

I may not eat again for days.

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair trimmed at 9am. Then I'll be moving on to an Escapees park in Apache Junction (I think) -- well, nearer Scottsdale, anyhow. Sat. is the reunion.

No comments: