Thursday, October 28, 2010

RVW Convention 2

So far, so good. I've volunteered at the Volunteer table, signing people up. I've tooled a golf cart around and around. I've been a door guard. And I'm almost peopled out.

Lyn Rogers lent me her car today and I went off to Wal-Mart. One of my fluorescent bulbs burned out so I wanted a replacement. Two of the three supercenters listed in my GPS turned out to be Neighborhood Markets! I asked at the 2nd one WTF??? She said all the listing were wrong in the phone books and on all GPS lists, too. So I trundled off to the real supercenter, forgot to bring the bad bulb in with me, and therefore bought the wrong size replacement. By this time, my feet and knees and hips hurt bad enough I decided I'd do the return some other time.

All this walking on concrete and paved roads is killing me. And a front is moving through, with some wind. We're still going to have high 80s to low 90s till the weekend. Up in Eagar, the high is in the 50s. And Chuck is going to have cataract surgery in Nov. (one eye) and Dec. (other eye), so I'll be his driver etc, some recompense for his help to me.

We had block parties this evening. I did security from 3-5, then the block parties started about 5.30. I managed to wander up to the one on my street (they call them "lanes" here), over to the one on 5400 and the one on 5300. Lasted about a half hour, then called it a night and came home, took aspirin, and holed up.

I did treat myself to some ice cream, now waiting for me in the freezer. It'll be 90 tomorrow, I'll do security for two hours, then I'll come home and indulge. Ah.

No comments: