Sunday, October 24, 2010

22 Oct RVW #2

Lyn Rogers hauled me off with her to Costco to get supplies for the Solo Chapter's meet and greet later today. I womanfully managed to sail right past the book table.

Unhooked totally and repositioned the rig up on the concrete patio instead of down on the gravel pad, which was totally unlevel, especially side to side. The patio got me level side to side but then I was about a half-bubble off front to back, so I let the rear duallies off the back end of the slab, and now I'm level all over. Hooray.

Also managed to get the cable into the right box (because it was daylight and I could see properly) so now I have about 40 channels, though I'm only interested in about half of them. Even better, HGTV is one of the channels so I get to watch Holmes on Homes.

WhenI sign up for internet on Monday, Lyn wants to pay half and get the password, so we'll both have internet for $5 for a week. Fine with me. I think a place as big as this (and as "upscale") should have free wifi.

We had the Solo meet & greet at 4pm today. About 55 women showed up, lots of new members. We had crackers & cheese and crudites. Some discussion of extra tours we could on, but I'm not doing any tours because of cost.

I will be signing up to volunteer for security and maybe for golf-cart driver. Am thinking about going swimming tomorrow mid-day and then lounging around the pool and game room and socializing.

Tomorrow evening is the Solos annual meeting with dinner.

More later.

No comments: