Friday, October 8, 2010

5 Oct Tue catchup

Nothing to do all day but loll around. That storm we had last night left us with windy but much cooler air -- didn't even turn on the a/c today. Nice.

Decided to turn the rig around so I could get the sewer hose connected. The power box is one side of the site and the water and sewer is on the other side. So if I nose in (like i did at first), the power cord on the driver side goes straight to the box and the water on the offside goes straight to the spigot, but the sewer outlet is on the driver side so the hose would go under the rig, making it hard to drain it.

I turned the rig and backed in so now the water line goes under the rig, as does the power line, but the sewer line is straight. I did a dump/flush. And now I've packed up everything but the power cord.

My appointment at the dentist is at 8:50am tomorrow morning. I should be back here by 10am, unhook the power, stow the cord, and be on the road by 10:30. I've got about 250 miles to go to get to Casa Grande/Arizona City to Margie & Bob's. So I should get there in the early evening.

That's assuming the faint gasoline smell doesn't portend anything dire. I may have to stop in Yuma to have somebody look under the hood and see whether there's any dripping going on, like the fuel line. Or the fuel filter fell over against the manifold and the heat burned a hole in it (I had that happen once).

About 30 minutes ago (9pm) I heard a bang/crash out on the road. Looked out and saw two cars in a tangle. Two women and a girl child got out of one, and a young man got out of the other. No injuries. His car hit the rear of theirs but couldn't tell why. I was heading out to see if help was needed but the rv park security arrived quickly. Then cops, tow trucks, etc etc. The border is open until 10pm so traffic is edging around.

I really need a haircut -- the hair is fine until it suddenly isn't and becomes a bushy mess. I'll try to get it trimmed somewhere tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: