Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Monday 11/30

Monday 11-30 3pm

Well, I did the slogging around in the rain and mud. Got wet and cold. Got everything stashed away. Not very tidily as I'm only going 100 miles, but stuffed in the storage bin and smushed down until I could lock it. It'll do.

About noon I went down to the Apache Cafe and discovered they had a special of salmon with rice pilaf and green beans and corn. I said no corn but extra green beans, please. It was tasty, though the fish was overcooked, and the rice wasn't exactly "pilaf." But, hey, it was only $5.

And the wifi was down because of the weather. The manager guy said it was probably the transmitter on the mountain. So I didn't get to check my email or send out the Yclept Yarbro issue.

Grrr

When I got back and plugged in, my TV wasn't picking up any signals either. I've tried programming it a few times in different positions and each time I pick up a different station. I really only want one, the one that has So You Think You Can Dance on it. But so far no luck.

Grrr. Grrr.

They're still predicting some snow. We'll see. I'm planning on leaving tomorrow about 11 or 12, going to Albertson's Grocery in Las Cruces, stocking up, and arriving at the Alamogordo store about 3 or 4pm, to get hooked up before dark. Then I'm going over to the house and taking a long hot shower. It's supposed to be up to 60 by Friday.

Have no idea what my schedule's going to be. With only 16 hours of work, it'll probably be two 8-hr days, Mon & Tue, as I know that's when Kenn and Carol want off. Of course, that won't happen until I learn to open and close, I think, but Caleb already knows how to do that stuff so I may just be his assistant until I pass the "modules." So corporate.

This whole corporate thing is weighing on me. I may just quit in Jan. anyhow, go to Quartzsite and have some fun for a few weeks with my RVW friends, and then find another job.

No comments: