Monday, December 28, 2009

Today

Dire news. There's a real bookstore in town -- it's some kind of chain called Hastings, which is obviously trying to outdo B&N. It has movies, music, books in all categories, large magazine selection, cafe, etc. It also takes in used books but not massmarket paperbacks -- only trade paperback or hardback. What!?!?

Got just a few items at the WM, including some powdered graphite to try to make the gray tank valve easier to push/pull.

Checked out the Alamo Senior Center -- it's really big. So I paid my $10 "donation" membership and had my picture taken for my ID card. There's a state form to fill out -- tedious but must jump through the bureaucratic hoops. Found out the swimming is not at the Sr. Ctr. but at the Wellness Center in the middle of town and it costs $37 a month to join it. Hmmm. But the Sr. Ctr. does have line dancing lessons, pool tables, exercise rooms, etc etc.

Have just eaten my trashed browns w/sunnyside up eggs on top. As soon as the computer stuff is done, I'll head home, get hooked up, and hunker down for the two front that are rolling in starting tonight.

No comments: