Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Monday 12/21

Monday 12/21

Worked from 9am to 5pm. Was a busy day and had two sales of over $200 each and so will get a commission (day's total was almost $900).

Most fun was two German women, mother and daughter. Mother seemed about 70 or 80, physically frail but full of life and laughter. They bought five pieces of Native American jewelry. Every once in a while I'd catch a German word or phrase so close to English I could understand it, and I would laugh -- the mother enjoyed that. We discussed my name and my German roots. They taught me how to say merry xmas and happy new year in German, which I repeated to them (and promptly forgot).

Then there was the family that bought things such as a Minnetonka leather hat, fireworks, cheap jewelry, and a small longhorn set (which the guy wants to put on the front of his old Pontiac that he made into a convertible by shearing the top off). From Montana.

Caleb has begun to make me his confidante. Today I heard the "confidential" news that Kenn and Carol are to be named manager of the month and employee of the month. Caleb really thought he was going to get "employee" because of the work he's done and the help he's been to K&C since they arrived here. He also thinks Kenn nominated both himself and Carol for the "honor."

There was some other "secret" corporate thing he told me that he wasn't supposed to. So -- no telling him anything I don't want repeated. Oh yeah, he thinks Kenn cheated on the test for manager (used the book) so as to get 100%. Is this true? No idea.

Caleb is ex-military, which is just as bad as a corporation for gossip and bitchiness and political infighting. I believe I'll just do my job, listen to whatever anybody wants to tell me, keep my opinions to myself, and sail serenely on until I can't stand it anymore.

Bones are aching because of a front moving in. Aspirin time.

Got a gift from Blair today of her special fruitcake. Came home and immediately cut two pieces and scarfed them down. Thanks, B!

9.30pm. Watching the Jay Leno show. He asked Jeff Bridges (one of my all-time favorite actors) to tell his favorite joke.

What is invisible and smells like worms?

a
n
s
w
e
r


Bird farts

No comments: